With winter approaching, it is time to think about your home’s HVAC system. Many homeowners figure that if their heating is putting out warm air, they are fine. They often end up surprised when they get hit with a huge energy bill after the first month of running the heat or end up surprised when their system cannot handle prolonged use and goes down. These factors help to emphasize the importance of effective HVAC maintenance to keep your home heated effectively during the winter.
Our team here at Muirfield Mechanical is the leader in HVAC maintenance and installation in Sudbury. We want to tell you more about why proper maintenance is essential with winter fast approaching.
Common Signs That You Require HVAC Maintenance
The common signs that indicate that it is time for HVAC system maintenance include:
- Clanging Noises – A clanging sound can show that there might be a loose component in your HVAC system.
- Uneven Heating Across Your Property – Uneven heating is often a sign that there are issues with your ductwork.
- Clicking Noises – These usually indicate that your heat exchanger is cracked.
- Booming Noises – Booming noises often mean that you have an ignition issue with your HVAC system.
4 Tips for Successful Winter HVAC Maintenance
Consider the following four tips as you prepare for winter to arrive:
- Look into your duct situation. It is vital to make sure you are using the right ducting system for your home. The most common types are fiberboard, sheet metal, flex, and fiberglass lined.
- Clean your blowers
- Keep your coils clean
- Regularly change your filters
Get Your No-Obligation Service Estimate Today
Contact our team here at Muirfield Mechanical to find out more about our residential and commercial services. We are the leader in providing energy-efficient HVAC in Sudbury. You can reach us through our contact form online or by emailing email@example.com. You can also reach us at (978) 263-7130. We will be happy to offer you a no-obligation estimate for services such as HVAC maintenance and HVAC installation in Sudbury. Our team is looking forward to helping you keep your home heated and comfortable this coming winter season.